If you have any dental concerns, please share them with us at your next dental visit. Having knowledge of your medical history and dental concerns can help us to treat you more effectively. Chapel Hill dentist, Dr. James Furgurson, is experienced in nearly all facets of dentistry. We place a special focus on treating adult patients who have complex dental problems, cosmetic concerns, and/or fear of the dentist.
At Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, you can expect high quality, professional care in a comfortable and convenient setting. Dr. Furgurson and Dr. White strive to be more than just a dentist but to become your partner in your overall healthcare. Our examinations are comprehensive, taking a look at the entire oral system and how it works with the rest of the body to deliver results that are long lasting, comfortable, and natural looking.
Dental concerns we treat in our Chapel Hill dental office:
- Bleeding Gums – Bleeding gums, often known as gingivitis, is the first stage of gum disease development. To prevent gum disease from causing permanent damage to your soft tissues, we offer thorough teeth cleanings as well as periodontal therapy options to help restore your gum health.
- Cosmetic Concerns – We want our patients to feel proud of their smiles. That’s why we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry solutions.
- Frequent Headaches – Tension headaches, earaches, and facial soreness are all symptoms of underlying dental concerns stemming from your jaw’s misalignment. We can help address this issue with TMJ treatment options like oral appliance therapy.
- Missing Teeth – When you are missing one or more teeth, you are at a higher risk for gum disease and tooth decay development. Additionally, you are at risk for more extensive dental damage due to the amount of pressure being applied to your surrounding dental structures. We offer a wide range of restorative dentistry solutions to our patients looking to replace missing teeth.
- Teeth Grinding – Teeth grinding can cause jaw pain, tension headaches, and unintended dental damage. To help combat bruxism, we provide custom nightguards to help protect your teeth as you sleep.
- Tooth Cavities – Our office can help you restore your smile following tooth decay, including fillings, crowns and root canals.
- Tooth Pain – Toothaches should be addressed by a professional dentist as soon as possible. They may stem from dental decay or damage to your tooth’s structure. If you are experiencing a toothache, our team will ensure that you are seen as soon as possible to relieve your symptoms and minimize discomfort.
- Worn or Broken Teeth – Drs. Furgerson and White can identify the root cause of your worn or damaged teeth and make appropriate treatment recommendations to restore your long term dental health with lasting results.
- Snoring & Sleep Apnea – Our team can create a custom made sleep apnea appliance, similar to a sports mouthguard, for you to wear during sleep to prevent loud snoring associated with sleep apnea.
Schedule An Appointment
If you have concerns about your oral health and are looking for a dentist in Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, or surrounding communities, we are currently accepting new patients! To schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists, contact us at 919.205.9308 or request an appointment online. Prompt and effective treatment for many common dental concerns can often alleviate the need for more complex restoration later on.