Chapel Hill Family & Cosmetic Dentistry is home to Dr. James Furgurson, a dentist with advanced training in implant dentistry. Dr. Furgurson possesses many years of experience placing and restoring dental implants. While implants cost more than other teeth replacement solutions, they are recommended by dentists nationwide. They offer more aesthetic and health benefits than traditional dentures and dental bridges alone.
The Cost of Dental Implants
The first thing many people are concerned about it how much dental implants will cost. We completely understand that this can be a major deciding factor in your decision making. However, it cannot be answering easily especially without a proper examination by Dr. Furgurson. There are many factors that will affect the cost of your implant treatment including:
- Preparation – Do you lack bone density? If so, you may need to have a bone graft. Do you currently have gum disease? You must have good oral health in order for your implant to be successful. Gum disease treatment will necessary before we can place the implants. Any of these additional treatments will increase the cost of your treatment.
- Number of Implants – The number of teeth you are missing will determine the kind of dental restoration you need and the number of implants that need to be placed. Each implant post will need to be surgically placed so the more implants you need, the more your total cost will increase.
- Location – Dental implants come in various shapes and sizes so the prices of each will vary. The size implant you need is determined by where it will be placed along the jaw. A wide platform implant is typically used towards the back of the mouth while standard platform implants are used in the front. Mini implants are used when there is not enough room between your remaining teeth or if you lack sufficient bone density.
- Type of Restoration – The type of restoration you need depends on how many teeth you are missing. We will either use a dental crown, dental bridge or a denture and the cost difference between these is significant.
- Insurance – The total cost you will be responsible for is also dependent on the type of dental insurance you have and if your provider offers any coverage for implant restoration. Dental insurance can be confusing and we will gladly file your claim to help maximize your benefits.
These factors will vary from patient to patient. This is why Dr. Furgurson encourages you to schedule a dental implant consultation where he will thoroughly examine your entire mouth. He will be able to determine if you qualify for dental implants, whether or not you require any pre-treatments, how many implants you will need, where they will need to be placed, and they type of restoration you need. We will also provide you with an estimated cost of treatment.
In general, you should expect to pay a few thousand dollars for a dental implant supported crown that will replace a single missing tooth. To replace your both rows of teeth, you can expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a top and bottom denture implants. To help our patients receive the dental care they need, we offer Interest-free financing through CareCredit. To get started today, schedule your implant consultation with Dr. Furgurson by filling out our online appointment request form.