Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is a family dentist office in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Our team of dental professionals is led by local dentist Dr. James Furgurson. He is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the Academy of General Dentistry; an accomplishment achieved by few dentists nationwide.
Together, Dr. Furgurson and Dr. White provide comprehensive preventive, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry for all ages in a family-friendly environment. We use advanced technology and the highest quality materials for your comfort.
Our Dental Services in Chapel Hill, NC
Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is a great choice for families in Chapel Hill and Durham, NC. Dr. Furgurson and Dr. White strive to provide personalized dental care and attention to ensure that each patient has the best possible experience and outcomes.
Our staff spends time with each individual patient and takes time to listen to their needs and goals and discuss lifestyle habits affecting their oral and overall health. Our patients are educated and involved throughout the entire process so that they can make the best choices in their dental care for their needs, goals, and budget.
We offer the full range of services necessary to keep growing and aging smiles looking and feeling their best. Our Durham dentists can offer you and your family the many benefits of experienced care that take all aspects of your oral and overall health into consideration so that you can feel confident that your results are lasting.
General dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the overall oral health care of patients. Dr. Furgurson will work with each patient to prevent, diagnose, and treat various dental conditions and diseases that affect their teeth and gums.
Dr. Furgurson offers his general dentistry services to patients of all ages. A large majority of general dental care is regular checkups. These visits take place every six months and include a complete exam and teeth cleaning. Patients of all ages should attend theses visits to prevent common dental problems such as gum disease and tooth decay. To learn more about what to expect at your first dentist appointment, see General Dentistry.
Some common procedures and responsibilities of general dentistry include:
- Dental Fillings: Patients with cavities or minor damage to a tooth can have it fixed with a dental filling. This treatment involves the dentist removing the decay or damaged portion of the tooth and filling the space with a type of material, typically composite resin, amalgam, or porcelain.
- Laser Dentistry: Dr. Furgurson can treat soft gum tissues more comfortably with laser dentistry. Treatments with laser are noninvasive and easier to recover from.
- Mouthguards: Patients who participate in contact sports will benefit from wearing a custom mouthguard. They offer better protection for your teeth and gums than store bought mouth pieces. We also offer night guards for patients who suffer from teeth grinding.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Dentistry for children is a vital part of our practice. As a family dentist office, we treat entire families during a single office visit. This makes Chapel Hill Family and Cosmetic Dentistry a convenient dental practice for you and your family. Our staff is well trained at catering to patients who require pediatric dentistry.
- Preventive Dentistry: Preventing dental diseases is very important to maintaining optimal oral health for a lifetime. Preventive dentistry includes visiting our practice every six months for a checkup where we will do an oral exam and clean your teeth.
- Root Canal: If you are suffering from a tooth infection, you may need root canal therapy. This treatment will remove the infected tissue from inside your tooth. It is a necessary treatment to save your tooth and avoid a tooth extraction.
- Sedation Dentistry: Many of our patients suffer from dental anxiety or fear of the dentist. Those patients have the option to use sedation methods to receive dental care. Sedation dentistry allows patients to remain calm and relaxed during their dentist appointment. Most do not remember much of anything from their appointment including any fear or pain they felt.
- Tooth Extractions: Sometimes even when we make every effort to treat a tooth, it simply cannot be save. In these cases, your dentist will need to perform a tooth extraction and offer a tooth replacement option.
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on fixing teeth that have cosmetic issues. This will enhance the appearance of the patient’s overall smile. Dr. Furgurson can improve the color, shape, size, alignment, and overall aesthetics of your teeth.
While the purpose of general dentistry is to create a healthy smile, the purpose of cosmetic dentistry is to allow our patients to smile with confidence. After a consultation, Dr. Furgurson can recommend the best cosmetic treatments to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. To learn more about our various cosmetic treatments, see Cosmetic Dentistry.
The cosmetic dental treatments we provide include:
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin, custom made shells that are bonded to the front of teeth to improve their appearance. Porcelain veneers can fix stained, chipped, cracked, gapped, misaligned, and uneven teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer several professional teeth whitening treatments. They are more effective at whitening teeth than store bought products and are also safer. You can choose between an in office treatment or at home treatment.
- Tooth Bonding: Dental bonding is a very affordable cosmetic treatment that can repair chipped or cracked teeth, close gaps, and improve the color and shape of the teeth. Tooth bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin material to a tooth and then shaping it by hand into the desired shape.
- Botox® and Xeomin®: To top off a perfect smile, our dental office also offers Botox® and Xeomin®. These facial fillers will address visible fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines between the brows.
- Invisalign: This clear aligner orthodontic treatment will correct misaligned teeth. Instead of wearing metal braces, patients can wear Invisalign to achieve straight teeth. They are clear, removable, and more discreet than traditional braces.
Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on diagnosing and treating various dental conditions. These conditions can be related to the function and structure of the teeth, jaw, and supporting tissues.
The main goal of restorative dental care is to restore function, health, and aesthetic to patient’s smiles. This includes fixing damaged teeth, replacing missing teeth, treating gum disease, and TMJ disorders. To learn about what to expect with restorative dental care, see Restorative Dentistry.
Our restorative dentistry treatments include:
- Dental Bridges: Dr. Furgurson can replace one or several teeth with a dental bridge. This dental restoration can be held in place with dental implants or by being anchored to adjacent natural teeth.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a like cap that will encase the entire tooth to the gum line. It is tooth-shaped to resemble a natural tooth perfectly. They are used to protect and strengthen a tooth that is damaged, decayed, or weakened.
- Dentures & Partials: If you have an entire row of missing teeth or several missing teeth on an arch, we offer dentures and partials to replace them. Dentures are removable prosthetic devices that are custom made to fit perfectly in your mouth.
- Periodontal Therapy: For patients that are suffering from any stage of gum disease, we offer comprehensive periodontal therapy. These treatments aim to remove the bacteria, plaque, and tartar from your teeth and promote healing.
- TMJ Therapy: TMJ disorders can cause a lot of jaw pain and frequent headaches. While it is not often known what causes it, teeth grinding may be related to TMJ disorders. We can provide you with a night guard as a form of TMJ therapy to help stabilize your jaw while you sleep.
Our dental services in Durham, NC
We also provide comprehensive dental services in Durham, North Carolina:
- Cosmetic Dentistry Durham NC
- Dental Bridge Durham NC
- Dental Crown Durham NC
- Dental Implants Durham NC
- Dentist Durham NC
- Dentures Durham NC
- Gum Disease Durham, NC
- Snoring & Sleep Apnea Durham NC
Are you looking for a family dentist in Chapel Hill, NC? Whether you want to find a local dentist in the Raleigh-Durham area for general dentistry, give Chapel Hill Cosmetic and Family Dentistry a call! We are experienced family dentists that can also provide advanced dental treatments like full mouth reconstructions, and smile makeovers. Find all of your dental solutions with Dr. Furgurson and Dr. White in Chapel Hill, NC. Call today for your consultation, or schedule an appointment online.