Dr. Furgurson has incorporated laser dentistry into our Chapel Hill dentist office for the effective, accurate treatment of soft tissues with minimal side effects.
Laser dentistry has a number of advantages compared to traditional surgical techniques, including the primary benefit of reduced trauma. Laser dentistry procedures result in less bleeding and swelling, improving patient comfort during and after treatment.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry:
- Faster treatment
- Smaller, more precise incisions
- Less bleeding
- Less downtime
- Reduced need for sutures
- More comfortable treatment
- Less need for anesthesia
If laser dentistry is appropriate for your dental treatment, your Chapel Hill dentist will discuss the procedure and explain the benefits of using a dental laser.
Common procedures with a dental laser:
- Gingivectomy, Gingivoplasty
- Soft Tissue Crown Lengthening
- Implant exposure
- Treating of Aphtous Ulcers, Herpetic Lesions
- Biopsy and Fibroma Removal
- Abscess Care – Incision and Drainage
- Frenectomy for tongue ties, lip ties
- Soft Tissue curettage for periodontal treatment
- Treating Gingival Hyperplasia