In addition to providing excellent general dentistry and preventive dental care services, Chapel Hill Family & Cosmetic Dentistry is one of the most comprehensive dental offices in Chapel Hill, North Carolina for restorative dentistry.
Dr. James Furgurson and Dr. Nathan White have post-graduate training with treating adult patients with complex problems like missing teeth, TMJ disorder, and periodontal disease. We incorporate cosmetic dentistry into our treatment plans to ensure that patients achieve a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
What To Expect with Restorative Dentistry
At Chapel Hill Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we believe that the best dentistry is a collaborative process between the dentist and the patient. Restorative dentistry focuses on restoring health, aesthetics, and function to teeth that are broke, missing, and showing signs of wear and tear. You will have the opportunity to discuss your concerns and goals with the dentist and be a part of the treatment planning process.
A comprehensive examination and thorough dental cleaning will help us to identify any hidden problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, or occlusal (bite) disorders.
Our restorative dentistry consultation typically includes:
- Digital dental x-rays
- Other diagnostic dental imaging
- Screening for gum disease, tooth decay, and oral cancer
- Occlusal analysis and examination of temporomandibular joints (TMJ)
Restorative Dentistry Treatments
After your examination, your dentist will discuss with you the available options. Then he will recommend what he believes to be the most comfortable and least invasive treatment. Chapel Hill Family & Cosmetic Dentistry offers personalized dental care and will work with you to build a treatment plan that fits within your budget, compliments your smile, and meets your goals and needs. The restorative dentistry treatments we offer are:
- Dental Crowns: This widely used dental restoration is commonly called a tooth cap or tooth crown. A dental crown will cover the entire tooth and a dentist will cement it into place. We recommend crowns to restore cracked teeth, crooked teeth, and teeth with severe cavities.
- Dental Bridges: A bridge is used to replace a missing tooth. It is a single piece unit that consists of two dental crowns with the replacement tooth (the pontic) in between them. A dentist will cement the crowns to the two adjacent teeth.
- Dentures and Partials: These widely used prostheses are used to replace most or all teeth missing from an arch. A dental lab will make make them out of acrylic resin and metal that will rest on your gums. They will attach the replacement teeth portion to the base. They typically make the false teeth out of plastic or porcelain but can differ depending on quality, color, and size.
- Dental Implants: Teeth implants are the number one recommendation to replace missing teeth. Using up to eight dental implants, your dentist can secure a dental restoration. Your dentist will surgically place the implants in the jaw bone. This creates a sturdy and strong base to hold the restoration in place.
Payment & Dental Insurance Information
Dentistry is often something people sacrifice because they think they can’t afford it. As a result, “little” dental concerns can develop into “big” dental problems. Part of our dental care includes working with patients on the financial aspects of their treatment plan. We can spread out your restorative dental treatments so that you can make payments over time. In addition, we will assist with the billing and paperwork needed to maximize your dental insurance benefits.
If you have worn, broken, or missing teeth, contact Chapel Hill Family & Cosmetic Dentistry to find out how we can restore your smile. Looking for a new restorative dentist in Durham, NC? We proudly serve all of Orange, Chatham, and Durham counties! For a new patient appointment, please call our office at 919.736.6175 or schedule an appointment online.