Dental Crowns An Overview
A dental crown can serve both restorative and cosmetic purposes and is one of the most common treatments performed in our Chapel Hill dentist office. Dental crowns are sometimes called “caps” because they are placed over the tooth, covering the entire tooth structure. Chapel Hill dentists Dr. James Furgurson, Dr. David Hoyle and Dr. Nathan White use a variety of high quality materials to add strength and durability to teeth that are weakened by damage or decay.
We may recommend a dental crown to address any of the following dental concerns:
- Replace worn or unsightly metal fillings
- Improve the appearance of stained or discolored teeth
- Correct misshapen or uneven teeth
- Restore tooth cavities or cover teeth after root canal therapy
- Repair cracked, worn or broken teeth
- Restore dental implants
Dental Crown Before & After
This patient came to our Chapel Hill dentist office bothered by the appearance of her smile. One of the front teeth was discolored and the two front teeth didn’t “match”. Dr. Furgurson used ceramic tooth crowns to cover the front teeth for a natural looking restoration.